21st August 2017
Let us find you the perfect venue for your CHRISTMAS PARTY and Father Christmas will send you a MAGNUM of champagne for yourself!
- Have some extra fun this Christmas
- Make your Christmas bigger than ever – book your party with us and we’ll give you a MAGNUM of champagne
- Don’t leave Christmas until Christmas…. It’s never too early to book your Christmas celebration!
We’ve got all the best ideas for themes, party packages, special offers, unusual venues, making best use of your budget and more…
Terms and conditions apply:
- Parties must have a minimum spend of £2,500.00 plus VAT
- You can pass on your Magnum to a charity of your choice if you’d prefer
- Your Magnum will be sent to you as soon as the venue is confirmed
21st June 2017
That’s right, Liz here! I had the pleasure of being in and around Birmingham again last week visiting some fantastic venues. The Midlands really does have a wonderful range of venues, from academic (read about my last trip here) to five star luxury.
My first stop was IET Venues: Austin Court, set in a fantastic location, in the Brindleyplace area of the city with a great tiered lecture theatre for up to 150 delegates available to hire. The venue has a total of 16 event spaces and offers delegates free wifi.
Next stop was The Birmingham Conference and Events Centre, otherwise known as The BCEC. This venue was light, bright and modern. They have a maximum capacity of 800 theatre style and New Street station is literally opposite – no getting lost!
Walking through the station, I made my way to the Studio Venue Birmingham, a unique and quirky venue right in the heart of the city. They are even lucky enough to have a roof garden available for barbecues and drinks receptions.
Onwards to ETC Venues: Maple House, who, with a massive 22 meeting rooms, have great flexibility to host all kinds of events. They have an amazing team of staff on hand whenever you need them.
I popped into ThinkTank in the Millennium Point next, as well as other spaces, they have an amazing 70 seat Digital Planetarium that offers a creative experience to wow your delegates.
My final venue inspection for the day was Innovation Birmingham Campus. This fantastic venue is built for purpose and has a great atrium space with exceptional HD presentation facilities. They also support video conferencing with easy to use equipment ready in the rooms!
After seeing all these fantastic venues, I checked into a lovely bedroom at the Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport. I had a yummy dinner in Marco's New York Italian Restaurant – I recommend the calamari and then finally hit the hay….zzzzzz….
The next morning, I was up bright and early ready for another day of visits. First of the day was the Heart of England Conference Centre, a spectacular sized venue with a fantastic capacity to accommodate team building events! Never have I ever conducted a venue inspection on a motorized buggy!
I made my way to the Coventry Technology Park next, to learn about the variety of space available through Coventry University. They are based on the WWII site for building the original Merlin engines! All the rooms where going through a refurbishment, so they’ll be good to go in two weeks’ time, ready for clients to enjoy!
Next up was the Village Hotel Coventry, from the outside it’s a traditionally styled hotel but as you step inside it couldn’t be more different. A chic feel welcomes you, as does their self-check-in station! They have a wide range of facilities on site including a swimming pool, large gym and spa.
I headed on to the University of Warwick, this venue wins my trip's award for the most meeting rooms available; a whopping 34 meeting rooms with 94 supporting syndicates! Not only that but they have space available all year round and 479 hotel standard bedrooms – what more could you want?
My penultimate venue was the De Vere Horwood Estate. Their Cook Suite can hold up to 250 delegates theatre style! They can also accommodate a standing reception for 500 people in their magnificent grounds.
Last stop for the day was the beautiful Sopwell House, this stunning four-star luxury resort has so much to offer and is just five minutes from the M25! With a maximum capacity of 380 delegates in their St Albans suite and outdoor space for 1,000, whatever size event you are looking to host – they can help!
After all those venues; the driving, the walking - it was time for a very well deserved glass of Pimm’s!
So, if you'd like to hold your next event in Birmingham, or beyond - give us a call on 01323 644644 and take advantage of our super fast, free Venue Finding service!
13th June 2017
But at least we have lots of hot deals to offer you!
We’d like to say that summer is here, but as we live in Britain, this current warm weather isn’t guaranteed, so whilst the sun continues to shine, we’re as busy, if not busier than ever….. read on…...
Launch of UFiND
We’ve never been an agency to stand still, we were one of the first agencies to develop our own online based delegate management service, UBook, and our latest development has seen the launch of our new online service; UFiND. This is a straightforward three step online form which we’ve designed for those of you who might be too busy to spend time on the phone to us with your brief. It’s still the same personal service, the same research, negotiation, knowledge and proposals as you’ve come to expect from us. It’s just another way to get in touch with your enquiry. Give it a try here!
It really is all about people…
We know that there are lots of ways that you can find a venue but the service that we offer is in a class of its own and our key task is to introduce you to the perfect venue. Why should you trust us with your conference?
- TCP were one of the very first Venue Finding Agencies – we continually build on 31 years’ experience
- 135 years combined experience in our Venue Finding Team
- We will understand your brief and interpret it in the right way
- Negotiate the very best deal for you
- Added value from the venue that you choose
- Monitor the venue Terms and Conditions
- We do all the work and…
- … all this is FREE! We are paid an introductory commission from the venue you choose – find out how here
She just can’t stay away….!
We were thrilled to welcome back Siân Balsdon earlier this year. Siân has gained some excellent experience in the two years she has been away from The Conference People, including managing events in Canada and the Far East. It’s great to have her back as one of our Account Managers!
HOW OUR FREE VENUE FINDING SERVICE WORKS
- Contact us with your enquiry!
- We then comprehensively
research suitable venues using our own bespoke database - AVenue.
- Every single venue which fits your brief is contacted. If they have the space available we negotiate the rates - we never accept ‘published’ rates.
- Within 24 hours you’ll have a full, detailed, negotiated proposal on your desk. Descriptions / price comparisons / reasons why the venues are suitable.
- Once you’ve shortlisted your preferred venues, we negotiate again.
- Arrange venue inspections (with or without one of our Account Managers).
- Prepare a confirmation for your event, which you sign and return to us. We can then check the venue contract for you too (if you need us to).
- Even when your event is contracted, we’ll keep an eye on things for you. Especially if it’s a long lead time; on venue refurbishments, changes in key staff.
- After the event, we’ll be in touch; to see how things went, deal with any inconsistencies and verify your account.
- Take the next brief and start again!
CALL US NOW FOR YOUR NEXT EVENT 01323 644644